Welcome to the Academy of Spirits and Fine Service. This program is designed for Beverage Managers, Bartenders and Restaurant personnel who want to upgrade their knowledge and skills in bar operations, category knowledge, and classic cocktails. I started this program from scratch, as I noted there was no real way to engage the entire bartending community in a manner that was both cost effective and broad-reaching. This is only in a few select states, and has really changed the culture of bartending in the state of Indiana, and I am enormously proud of the program and our graduates. It is literally beginning to change the entire on-premise community, and is now a prerequisite to work at many cocktail bars in the state. Here is a link and little more about the program!
This is a 12-week program conducted once a week for a two and half to three hour session. The Academy provides working product knowledge on all types of alcoholic beverages in the United States and throughout the world. This hands-on program allows participants to recreate “Prohibition Era Classic Cocktails” and create new, trendy cocktails while focusing on the use of simple garnishes that enhance the esthetics of the drink. Each participant will be armed with the knowledge and awareness of responsible consumption.
This program is designed for Beverage Managers, Bartenders and Restaurant personnel who want to upgrade their knowledge and skills in bar operations.
- Provide working product knowledge on all types of alcoholic beverages in the United States and throughout the world.
- Impart essential skills to prepare, mix and serve different types of beverages.
- Allow participants to discover “Prohibition Era Classic Cocktails” and create new trendy cocktails while focusing on the use of simple garnishes that enhance the esthetics of the drink.
- Create awareness of the use and abuse of alcoholic beverages.
- Technical product knowledge
History of each cocktail, cocktails & food pairing, classic/trendy cocktails, and hands-on mixology training will be part of each session.
The Advanced Academy is a travel program for beverage professionals in partnership with suppliers and manufacturers. This allows professionals to have hands-on experiences with master distillers, distilling, wine making, and brand teams. Over the last few years, we have taken bartenders, influencers, and retailers to:
- Scotland to visit Tanqueray and Single Malt Scotch
- Jamaica to visit Appleton Rum
- Wild Turkey Distillery and the Bourbon Trail
- Cognac with the BNIC
- Paris, France with Pernod Ricard
- Chicago for cocktail research
- Professional Knife Skills and Molecular Mixology
- Jameson in Ireland
Very proud of this program and the experience it provides, as it is reminiscent of my Ambassadair days that I get to share with others!
The United States Bartenders Guild
The growth of these groups led to the creation of a United States Beverage Guild Chapter in Indiana, which is one of the countries largest and most active chapters in the country. These Academies bring new members to the group, and allow them to continue their education well past the classroom. I am immensely proud to be a member, and see the growth of this professional group.